KG 2012 JULY
Dear KG Members,
Please take a few seconds to read about a life you touched through KG:
LIFE YOU TOUCHED !
Rama Chaudhary lives in Kupandol with her family of five members. She is 6 years old and studies in Pragati Sikhya Sadan in grade 1. She has a sister and two brothers. Her father died in an accident while fishing. Her mother works in “Dalit Mahila Sang” as peon. Her mother has been single handedly running the family with just Rs. 6000 as the monthly income. Unlike her sad story, Rama is a very joyful person. She loves to study mathematics, which is not so common among the students of her age. Her favorite game that she loves to play is hide and seek. Her aspiration for the future is to educate more children as a teacher. She feels very happy when KG members visit her.
KG and Rama built up their relation through the Sajha Khaja program. It makes our volunteers very happy to see Rama loving the 30 minutes they spend during Sajha Khaja with her and her friends.
This Profile was created by Swati Updhayay.
QUOTE OF THE MONTH
You know, in the case of most of us, the mind is noisy, everlastingly chattering to itself, soliloquizing or chattering about something, or trying to talk to itself, to convince itself of something; it is always moving, noisy. And from that noise, we act. Any action born of noise produces more noise, more confusion. But if you have observed and learnt what it means to communicate, the difficulty of communication, the non-verbalization of the mind — that is, that which communicates and receives communication— , then, as life is a movement, you will, in your action, move on naturally, freely, easily, without any effort, to that state of communion.By J.K
केही गरौं (KG) - be the change!
Forward this newsletter to your friends and families…and, keep reading...:)
JULY at KG
KG’s Outreach at Rotary Club of Baneshwor
As you all know, ACE College and Rotary Club of Baneshwor supported KG’s Stationery Distribution program. KG reached out to Rotary Club of Baneshwor on Friday July 13. Through this outreach KG informed the members of the club about KG. The main purpose of the outreach was to inform the club members that their support to KG has was properly utilized. The presentation was given by Umanga Pandey. Ms.Meenu and Mr. Badri, the member of Rotary Club of Baneshwor will be reviewing the Stationery Distribution Program of KG on behalf of their club.
KG AWARDS AND GIFTS
Initially planned to be called KG CAUSE, this program’s name has been finalised as KG AWARDS and KG GIFTS.
KG AWARDS is dedicated to those children who exhibit a Self Responsible spirit from their own motivation and initiation, without expectation of any rewards. These children need not belong to any institution. A person (anybody) who identifies such children can contact KG and recommend their names through a form. The Award Jury will select four best candidates and KG members will cast their votes. The one who gets the highest vote will be awarded the KG AWARD (Rs.1000).
Similarly KG GIFT is also KG’s idea of contributing to children’s education. Teachers from any government school can give us the names of students who are in need of basic materials (like shoes, sweaters, stationery materials for example) - the lack of which directly or indirectly affects their studies. Inspired from a one-time donation made by Mr. Pratap Rawal through KG to the students of Kanya Mandir School, we are aiming to reach more students who need support for basic amenities to assist them to go to school. The nomination process is the same as with KG AWARDS.
This month, of the four student nominees for KG GIFTS, Sunita Shrestha, from Krishna Mandir school, has received the highest vote.
- While our very energetic intern Sarad S. Dungel finished his internship at KG, we have got a new volunteer Kripa Khanal from July. She will be helping us in our overall activities for the next two months.
- In July, we raised a total amount of Rs. 34,358. Total contributors for this month are 19.
- There are 179 members in KG. 2 School teachers who are helping us with KG Awards and Gifts chose to join KG as members this month.
- Sajha Khaja: KG provided Sajha-Khaja to 11 students of Pragati Sikshya Sadan for 20 days this month. Sajha Khaja was sponsored by Sabina Shrestha, Sweta Tamrakar, Rajendra Shrestha and Saurav Lohani.
- Sajha Sikshya: Shree Bal Balika Nimukha Udhyan Sanstha , Shree Mahendra Saraswoti Sewa Lower Secondary School and Kuleshowr Secondary Schools have been added to the Education Support Network. KG distributed stationery items to 4 more schools.
- Silence Speaks: Silence Speaks was organized by students of K&K College in Baneshwor. As they were very inspired by the concept of this program, they are planning to continue it for several upcoming weeks.
- KG’s interns from K&K College have planned to participate in the Women’s Creation Center event, from August 23rd - 26th, held at the United World Trade Center, Tripureshwor, from 10 am-7pm. The interns will be representing KG. Since the interns are very passionate about arts and craft, they are planning to have Mehndi and other art-related activities. The participation is aimed both at promoting KG, and raising funds.
Please send us your feedback and queries at firstname.lastname@example.org