KG 2012 APRIL
Dear KG Members,
Happy New Year 2069 to all our members. Please take a few second to read about a life you touched through KG.
LIFE YOU TOUCHED !
Shruti Raut studies in Pragati School. Introvert in nature she is a very studious person. She scored second position in nursery and was promoted to upper grade (K.G.). Her family of four moved from Gaur to Kathmandu. Her father is the sole breadwinner who works as a painter. Unlike the children of her age she doesn't like to play much. She thinks studying is more fun than playing. Her best subject is Nepali as she enjoys reading it. She has a dream of driving her own car in future.
KG has been involved in providing Shruti with Saja Khaja since two years.
This profile was created by Swati on April 2012.
QUOTE OF THE MONTH
Not to imitate, but to discover - that is education, is it not? Your parents and society want you to live safely, and you also want to live safely. Living safely means living in imitation, therefore in fear. Surely, the function of education to help each one of us to live freely and without fear, is it not? (p4 TTT)
केही गरौं (KG) - be the change!
Forward this newsletter to your friends and families…and, keep reading on...:)
New Year Special at KG
KG organized a workshop for the teachers from the 31 government schools we are working with at Kanya Mandir School. The meeting’s aim was to generate support and feedback from individual teacher/coordinator to improve the ESN program. 20 coordinators of 18 different schools attended the meeting at Kanya Mandir School.
The ice breaking game at the beginning created friendlier and interactive environment. ESN program incubators Sarala Pant, Sahara Rayamajhi and Pushpa Gurung informed the coordinators about the program’s potential and challenges. Task teams were formed for Gardening Workshop that treated four different programs as distinct flowers (Sajha Khaja, ESN program, KG Cause and Fun Learning). The objective of this workshop was to communicate the role of coordinators as gardener of the flowers. Each group ended up by forming a task team with a clear action plan.
The spring is time to plan, and each year KG holds its Annual General Meeting in April. The AGM 2069 was organized to excite members through active participatory games besides informing them about past performance and future plans. 29 people participated in the active sessions. The registration and “Who I am?” was followed by Ice Breaking game “2 Truth and 1 lie”.
Then AGM presentation was made, giving members the updates about KG. After AGM presentation, the group game “Treasure Hunt” had smaller games that needed to be solved in each step. The final solution was the mirror implying that the real treasure of KG is each member.
In the Members’ interest Section, the picture of “Multi handed person” identified ways in which the members preferred to interact with KG. At the end, each member was asked to select a picture to personalize their feeling for the day.
- Muna (Myriam Chaour) joined KG from April as a volunteer staff responsible for volunteer management and Fun Learning Activities. The flowers games and active sessions in coordinators meeting and AGM were her brain children!
- In April, we raised the total amount of Rs.72000.
- KG- Cause: KG has introduced a new program to empower the coordinators to help the students in need. As a start we are moving ahead with the "Student of the Month" program. Through this program KG will celebrate the passionate spirit of the student. For this the coordinators will identify a self responsible student in the ESN network. The jury panel formed by the coordinators and the team will select one student out of all. Then KG will celebrate the student's passionate spirit by appreciating them with Rs.1000.
- Sajha Khaja: Sajha Khaja will start from April. From this time we will be starting with ten students of Pragati Sikshya Sadan for each day, instead of 50 students for only two days a week. With support, we will reach more schools throughout the year.
- ESN: KG will be distributing stationery to the students of government schools, giving priority to schools where coordinators are active in supporting KG.
- KG is planning to actively mobilize the task group formed by the coordinators. There will be periodical meetings of KG's four program team and the school coordinators.
- We are going to distribute Sajha-Khaja from this month. For that we are planning to mobilize the community volunteers whom we came to know through the door to door campaign. If you want to sponsor Sajha Khaja then please fill out the Sajha-Khaja forms or call 9851128610.
Please send us your feedbacks and queries (at) firstname.lastname@example.org